Monday, July 7, 2014

Reflections of Costa Rica 2014

I had an amazing trip. Our first day was traveling and staying at the Backpackers hostel.  I loved the way the trip was laid out.  We followed the trade winds from the Caribbean coast over the Continental Divide and on to the Pacific Coast.  I purchased a map the first day and made markings on the map as we moved around the country. I also added to the legend with my own symbols and what they meant.  Our first stop was Cauhita after the night in San Jose, we spent 3 nights there and were in a hostel right on the Caribbean coast.  I met a very nice couple from Austria and we talked of many things and they were surprised  I knew much about Austria, but I have traveled there in the past.  One night the wife asked me if I could identify an animal they saw that day.  As a student and future wildlife biologist, I was hopeful I would be able to identify accurately the animal they showed me.  I was pleased I was able to identify a raccoon (Procyon lotor).  They are very common in Oklahoma where I live but not in Austria.  So my first random wildlife identification was a success.  Not a big challenge, but a success none the less.
Photo: Multiple bird sightings so far ready to get where we are going so I can get my binoculars focused!!!!
Bus ride to Cahuita



Photo: Tropical Ecology class poses in front of a scenic waterfall
This is the Costa Rica 2014 Pura Vida!! Group

Photo: Whew, worth the ride 3 nights here and this is the view from my balcony!!!!

The view from Spencer's Seaside Resort, actually a hostel. But the view was amazing!!

Play VideoPlay Video

So I have a lot of pictures to sort to add visual references to the blog.  I will attempt to add content for every one of the 15 days we were in Costa Rica!!!!


And here is me drinking some coconut water and yes we opened them ourselves!!!  Coconut water is excellent for electrolytes and the meat of the coconut is a natural laxative. If you have high blood pressure, a "new" or unripe coconut will bring it down naturally.  That's all for now, and as the Costa Rican's say !Pura Vida!  which means pure life.


No comments:

Post a Comment